Principal Life offers a comprehensive portfolio of employer-paid, voluntary and self-funded vision coverage. This low-cost product is easy for employers to administer and easy for employees to understand. Exams, frames, lenses and contacts are all covered.
We offer employer-paid coverage for groups with as few as three lives, and voluntary coverage for groups with as few as five lives. Availability of options may vary by state.
Advantages of managed care* vision coverage from Principal Life include:
- An established network of providers, including independent providers and retail chains.
- Cost savings on qualifying vision procedures and screenings.
- Discounts, rebates and special offers on name-brand eyewear.
- A coverage option for only prescription glasses and contact lenses, not exams.
*Not available in Virginia.
Scheduled vision insurance from Principal Life offers these benefits:
- No deductibles, co-payments or networks
- Employees can visit the provider of their choice
- Discounts available when using a VSP provider
Valuable discounts are available to customers with group dental, disability, life, vision and/or critical illness coverage. These discounts are not insurance.
- Laser Vision Correction1 - Savings on the surgery through the National Lasik Network, administered by LCA-Vision, Inc.
- Hearing Aid Programs - Through American Hearing Benefits, Inc. (AHB) and Ear Professionals International Corporation (EPIC), employees and their families are eligible for up to 60% off hearing aids.
- Magazine Program - Discount to Diabetic Living®
- Vision Care1,2 - Discounts on LASIK surgery, eye exams, prescription glasses and lens options, as well as contact lens evaluations and fittings through VSP. Available with insured dental and/or vision coverage.
1Not available with managed care vision.
2Not available with self-funded coverage.
Discounts and services are not part of the coverage and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Principal Life is not liable for products and services provided by third parties.
Key materials listed below.
Managed Care Vision - Overview (GP61232)
Program details, including a sample benefit design, member savings and exclusive member extras.