You'll appreciate our comprehensive portfolio of employer-paid, voluntary and self-funded vision coverage. Managed care vision is offered through Principal and VSP® Vision Care. It's easy for employers to administer and easy for employees to understand. Exams, frames, lenses and contacts are all covered.
We offer employer-paid coverage for groups with as few as three enrolled lives, and voluntary coverage for groups with as few as five eligible lives. Availability of options may vary by state.
Advantages of managed care vision coverage include:
- An established network of providers, including independent providers and retail chains.
- Cost savings on qualifying vision procedures and screenings.
- Discounts and special offers on name-brand eyewear.
- A coverage option for only prescription glasses and contact lenses, not exams.
Valuable discounts are available to customers with group dental, disability, life, vision, critical illness and/or accident coverage. These discounts are not insurance.
- Hearing Aid Program - Through American Hearing Benefits, Inc. (AHB), employees and their families are eligible for up to 60% off hearing aids.
Discounts and services are not part of the coverage and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Principal is not liable for products and services provided by third parties.
This is an overview of the benefits of vision insurance, but there are limitations and exclusions. Managed care vision insurance from Principal is administered by VSP. VSP is not a member of the Principal Financial Group®.