Life Insurance: Get Started
This outline will walk you through the tools and information available to process new business and see it through the implementation/delivery process.
- Run a client life insurance illustration or request a plan proposal.
- Complete appropriate applications (login required). Make sure you understand all compliance policies and regulations regarding life insurance application submission.
- If it’s a business case:
- Submit the application(s). We offer various tools to make it easy to submit a life insurance application in good order. Follow these submission steps.
- Understand underwriting. Get complete details about our underwriting process, guidelines and programs.
If Principal is not able to make a placeable offer on a case, contact Preferred Product Network (PPN). PPN will work with you to pursue other potential alternatives or to let you know if the Principal offer appears to be competitive in the marketplace.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of The Principal, PPN is one of the Principal powerful resources to help representatives of The Principal find solutions when there is a need to go outside The Principal because of medical impairments, diversification needs, retention limits or specialty product needs. Visit www.preferredproductnet.com for details. If you need an id and password, call PPN at 877-270-5592.
- Track your business through the underwriting and issue process using our Pending Business Report. Refer to this user guide for questions.
- Deliver all policies and contracts to clients promptly following these policy delivery guidelines.
- Use our statement day schedule to see when your commission will be paid.
New Business Guide (BB10816)
Outlines how to get your business submitted quickly and accurately.
Call your home office case manager at 800-654-4278, option 3, 2.