Each client is one-of-a-kind. We help you treat them that way with customized designs. Offer the right combination to personalize your client’s dental design—whether paid for by them or their employees. Coverage is available to employees and dependents to age 26.
- Benefit flexibility. We offer a large range of deductibles, coinsurance, and maximums.
- Provisional flexibility. Members can move specific procedures between service categories.
- Extra dental benefits are covered when needed like, periodontal (gum-related) care, additional care due to cancer treatments, and second opinions.* Share details
- Our Preventive Passport program stretches member dental benefits by encouraging routine care that doesn’t count against the annual maximum. Share details
- Principal Dental Health EdgeSM helps members make better decisions about oral health care. They can find a credentialed dental provider, ask a dentist questions, and take risk assessments.
- Members can add benefit riders to cover services typically not included in a traditional dental policy like cosmetic services, dental accidents, dental implants, orthodontia, and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) treatment.
- Adding dental to other coverages can result in savings. Share details
* Conditions may vary in Connecticut.
With nearly 127,000 unique dentists with multiple offices, the Principal Plan® Dental Network is one of the largest networks in the industry. It includes general practitioners, orthodontists and other dental specialists across the country and in Mexico.
To ensure a wide range of quality providers to choose from, all network providers are credentialed. This ensures providers follow proper billing and practice patterns, good claim history and standard utilization patterns.
Our dental network ranks #1 in size in many metropolitan statistical areas.*
* September 2020 Zelis Network360® Analytics Suite.