Long-Term Disability - Employer-Paid
Long-term disability insurance offers a full range of features to help cover employees' financial losses when they are too ill or injured to work.
Advantages of long-term disability coverage:
- *Or* definition of disability allows employees who aren't totally disabled to qualify for benefits.
- Provisions to encourage employees to return to work.
- Various benefit percentages, maximums, benefit durations, own occupation and elimination periods.
|Maximum Monthly Benefit||
|Own Occupation Period||
|Minimum Case Size||Participation Rate|
- Target business owners. A business owner's income cannot be measured by salary alone. This is why we include a definition of compensation dedicated exclusively to business owners in all our life and disability contracts, regardless of case size or business type. Learn more.
- Target law firms. Principal Life offers a specialized benefits program for members of the Association of Legal Administrators with generous benefit maximums and protections to meet the needs of attorneys. Learn more.
- Target physicians. We offer specialized LTD coverage for physicians. Exclusive features include specialty own occupation, infectious disease, progressive illness, extended earnings and business protection benefits. Get the details.
Key materials listed below. Additional materials are available .
Group Disability - Marketing Guide (GP53704)
Comprehensive overview of traditional and voluntary short-term and long-term disability products.