Surviving a critical illness can take a financial toll on employees and their families. Critical illness insurance helps supplement key benefits such as medical and disability coverage by providing a lump sum cash benefit. This can be used to help pay for additional expenses such as medical deductibles, travel cost, home healthcare, lost income of a spouse or even a vacation.
Voluntary critical illness insurance from Principal Life covers the five most common critical illnesses:
- Coronary artery bypass graft
- Heart attack
- Major organ failure
We offer voluntary coverage for groups with as few as 5 lives (50 in Florida and Vermont). Must be sold with another coverage. Availability of options may vary by state. Not available in Connecticut or New York.
Valuable discounts are available to customers with group dental, disability, life, vision, critical illness and/or accident coverage. These discounts are not insurance.
- Laser Vision Correction1 - Savings on the surgery through the National Lasik Network, administered by LCA-Vision, Inc.
- Hearing Aid Programs - Through American Hearing Benefits, Inc. (AHB) and Ear Professionals International Corporation (EPIC), employees and their families are eligible for up to 60% off hearing aids.
- Magazine Program - Discount to Diabetic Living®
- Vision Care1,2 - Discounts on LASIK surgery, eye exams, prescription glasses and lens options, as well as contact lens evaluations and fittings through VSP. Available with insured dental and/or vision coverage.
1Not available with managed care vision.
2Not available with self-funded coverage.
Discounts and services are not part of the coverage and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Principal Life is not liable for products and services provided by third parties.
Key materials listed below.
Importance of the insurance and benefits of Principal Life's coverage.
Product Details (GP60842)
Details on product features and underwriting guidelines.
Product Details - Florida (GP60842FL)
Florida details on product features and underwriting guidelines.