Thought Capital & Research
Here you'll find the latest thought capital from Principal®. Use the left navigation to find archives of thought capital by topic.
Principal Point of View: Tax Reform
Principal® Point of View analyzes financial news and trends face to face with our internal experts in a monthly roundtable discussion. Panelists highlight issues to help keep advisors up to date.
Take control of the tax-reform conversation, because your clients are full of questions
Tax reform (the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act) that took effect at the start of the year delivered a dose of financial juice to many households, despite economic hits they may have since suffered.
As 2018 winds down, taxpayers wonder if and how they might make last-minute adjustments to maximize returns.
“I think there will be a lot of surprises in the spring,” says Scott Van Wyngarden, a Principal tax consultant who was on this month’s panel.
October 2018 Panel
- Robin Anderson, senior economist, Principal Global Investors
- Tyler DeHaan, director, Retirement Solutions
- Rachel Stanley Nguyen, assistant vice president, government relations
- Scott Van Wyngarden, retirement income and tax consultant
- Mark West, assistant vice president, Advanced Solutions
- Heather Winston, assistant director, client relationship, direct to consumer
This is the time for advisors to be proactive, say our experts.
Follow their full discussion in the Principal Knowledge Center.