Help clients do more with less.
Introducing the next generation of lower-cost IULLearn more now
Life Insurance Overview
There’s more to the Principal product portfolio than you may know. Our comprehensive and competitive life insurance product portfolio is designed to meet a variety of personal and business needs. This includes attractive features for individual solutions, as well as traditional and innovative financing options and policy riders for the executive benefit market.
Our full-service approach gives you more - tools, resources and support throughout the entire sales process. See what makes The Principal different in our Life Insurance Capabilities brochure (BB11353) (PDF).
View the Life Insurance Products & Services Guide (BB8978) (PDF) for information about all of the current individual life insurance products we offer.
Use the Life Insurance Concept Marketing Strategies guide (BB11788) (PDF) to see how our products match up with concepts to help you drive more sales and deliver solutions to clients.
View Products No Longer Available (login required).
Our focus is on delivering competitive life insurance solutions that provide exceptional value for you and your clients. With a thoughtful and measured approach to product design, we offer products that are affordable and include attractive features to help meet the needs of individuals and small- to medium-sized businesses. You can rely on us, through shifting markets and consumer trends, to give you and your clients an edge.
- Small- to medium-sized business (SMB) market-driven
- Business-focused solutions to help you before, during and after the sale
- Value-added service provides ease and efficiency through the pre-sale, implementation and administrative services processes
- Principal UnderRightSM makes placing business our top priority with Automatic Standard Approval Program (Principal ASAP,) healthy lifestyle credits and balanced approach to preferred/super preferred
- Robust investments platform and asset allocation solutions
- Term – 10-, 15-, 20- and 30-year products: Provide low-cost death benefit protection, priced to be most competitive above $1 million. One-year term product also available for short-term protection. Conversion privileges to any permanent product currently being offered.
- Universal Life (UL) – Secondary Guarantees: Provides low-cost death benefit protection with up-to lifetime death benefit guarantees.
- Universal Life (UL) – Current Assumption: Provides affordable death benefit protection with long-term cash value accumulation.
- Survivorship UL: Provides estate planning protection for older, more conservative clients. Can also be used to fund buy-sell and split-dollar plan for businesses.
- Variable UL: Accumulation-focused, designed for death benefit protection and supplemental retirement income. Also used for funding nonqualified executive benefits.
- Corporate-Owned Life Insurance (for Deferred Compensation): Large-case COLI product built for financing nonqualified deferred compensation plans for corporate-owned cases.
Key materials listed below. Additional materials are available.
Why work with Principal (BB11237)
Highlights the life insurance differences (brand, people, solutions, underwriting and products) that the brokerage market will get when working with The Principal for their life insurance needs.
Life Insurance Capabilities Brochure (BB11353)
Highlights our all-encompassing life insurance capabilities and what makes The Principal different.
Life Insurance Products & Services Guide (BB8978)
Provides a detailed overview of all current individual life insurance products from The Principal.