Life Insurance Overview
There’s more to the Principal product portfolio than you may know. Our comprehensive and competitive life insurance product portfolio is designed to meet a variety of personal and business needs. This includes attractive features for both the individual and business markets. View the Life Insurance Products & Services Guide (PDF) (BB8978) for information about all of the current individual life insurance products we offer.
Our full-service approach
We give you more - tools, resources and support throughout the entire sales process.
- See what makes us different in the Life Insurance Capabilities brochure (BB11353) (PDF).
- View the Offer Clients More Than Just a Policy brochure (BB12096) (PDF) to learn about all the ways clients get extra value with a Principal life insurance policy through built-in features and services.
- Then start the conversation with the Protect Your Life's Journey client flyer (BB12113) (PDF).
- Help your clients take care of what matters most. View this short video (1:00) to see the impact.
Term vs permanent insurance
Help clients understand the difference.
- Share this brief insurance solution video (2:27) and flyer (BB12102) (PDF) with clients to help them understand the basics of term or permanent coverage.
View Products No Longer Available (login required).
- Solutions for individuals and families at any life stage
- A leader in small- to medium-sized business (SMB) market-driven
- Value-added service provides ease and efficiency through the pre-sale, implementation and administrative services processes
- Principal UnderRightSM makes placing business our top priority. You gain access to top-notch programs including Principal Accelerated UnderwritingSM, Automatic Standard Approval Program, healthy lifestyle credits and balanced approach to preferred/super preferred
- Term – 10-, 15-, 20- and 30-year products: Provide low-cost death benefit protection, priced to be most competitive above $1 million. One-year term product also available for short-term protection. Conversion privileges to any permanent product currently being offered.
- Universal Life (UL) – Secondary Guarantees: Provides low-cost death benefit protection with up-to lifetime death benefit guarantees.
- Universal Life – Current Assumption: Provides affordable death benefit protection with long-term cash value accumulation.
- Survivorship UL: Provides estate planning protection for older, more conservative clients. Can also be used to fund buy-sell and split-dollar plan for businesses.
- Indexed UL: Offers the flexibility and guarantees of traditional UL with greater growth potential.
- Variable UL: Accumulation-focused, designed for death benefit protection and supplemental retirement income. Also used for funding nonqualified executive benefits.
- Corporate-Owned Life Insurance (for Deferred Compensation): COLI product built for financing nonqualified deferred compensation plans for corporate-owned cases.
Key materials listed below.
Term or permanent insurance? (BB12102)
Use this one-pager to help clients understand the difference between the two types of coverage. Includes an easy decision tree to help them think about needs.
View • Order
Protect Your Life’s Journey (BB12113)
Provide an overview to clients of all the ways they get extra value with a Principal life insurance policy.
Build a Strong Financial Future (BB11600)
Show clients how life insurance can help diversify a financial portfolio and meet future needs.
Whole Life or Universal Life (BB9882)
Use this brochure to position universal life/indexed universal life vs. whole life.
Group vs Individual Life Insurance Flyer (BB12029)
Compares the different types of supplemental life insurance to help clients decide which is right for them.
Key materials listed below. Additional materials are available.
Why work with Principal (BB11237)
Highlights the life insurance differences (brand, people, solutions, underwriting and products) that the brokerage market will get when working with The Principal for their life insurance needs.
Life Insurance Capabilities Brochure (BB11353)
Highlights our all-encompassing life insurance capabilities and what makes The Principal different.
Life Insurance Products & Services Guide (BB8978)
Provides a detailed overview of all current individual life insurance products from The Principal.