DI Retirement Security
Help employees continue to save for retirement during a disability.
DI Retirement Security helps individuals continue saving for retirement if they become too sick or hurt to work. It is issued as a non-cancelable, guaranteed renewable Individual Disability Income (DI) insurance policy (Principal® Income Protector/HH750). In the event of a disability, benefits are paid to an irrevocable trust where the funds are invested. Several investment options are available, including trust options, an annuity and mutual funds. Go to trust information (PDF).
DI Retirement Security (DIRS) may be offered in addition to Individual DI insurance issue limits.
- Committed to saving for retirement
- Currently have group long-term disability (LTD) and/or individual DI insurance
- Often sold to corporate executives, accountants/CPAs, attorneys, business owners, engineers, and medical professionals
- Individuals working 20 or more hours a week
Working with Principal®
We’re more than just products. It’s about the service you’ll receive from Principal and the experience, education, and ease of doing business to help you succeed with IDI.
- Get direct access to your local IDI wholesaling team (800-654-4278, option 2,2).
- Access underwriting and submitting business resources (800-654-4278, options 3,3).
- Get claims information (800-654-4278, options 4,3,4).
For financial professional use only. DI Retirement Security is issued as a non-cancelable, guaranteed renewable, individual disability income insurance policy. It is not a pension or retirement program or a substitute for such a program. DI Retirement Security is not available for anyone who is over insured based on Principal Life’s current Issue and Participation guidelines. It may not be available, or the benefit amount may be reduced for certain occupations if there is existing DI coverage with lifetime benefits. Additional underwriting guidelines may apply. Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal.