Long-Term Disability - Voluntary
Voluntary long-term disability insurance helps employers manage benefit costs and allows employees to buy benefits at work at group rates with the convenience of payroll deductions.
Advantages of voluntary long-term disability coverage:
- *Or* definition of disability allows employees who aren’t totally disabled to qualify for benefits.
- Available to purchase independently or in conjunction with employer-paid benefits.
- Provisions to encourage employees to return to work.
- Various benefit percentages, maximums, benefit durations, own occupation and elimination periods.
|Maximum Monthly Benefit||
|Own Occupation Period||
|Minimum Case Size||Participation Rate|
- Target business owners. A business owner's income cannot be measured by salary alone. This is why we include a definition of compensation dedicated exclusively to business owners in all our life and disability contracts, regardless of case size or business type. Learn more.
- Target law firms. Principal Life offers a specialized benefits program for members of the Association of Legal Administrators with preferred pricing, rate guarantees, and a multiple product discount to meet the needs of attorneys. Learn more.
- Target physicians. We offer specialized LTD coverage for physicians. Exclusive features include specialty own occupation, infectious disease, progressive illness, extended earnings, and business protection benefits. Get the details.
Key materials listed below.
Group Disability - Overview (GP53705)
Easily identifies employers’ options for disability coverage, and the choices within each option.
Long-Term Disability - Overview (GP53838)
Details of the coverage, including policy provisions.
Long-Term Disability - Medical Premium Supplement (GP61091)
Overview of program, options and examples.