NQ Deferred Comp
We’ll partner with you and your clients to take the complexities out of plan administration and decision-making. Along the way, you can trust our commitment to high-quality operations, reviewed by outside auditors annually. Our commitment is evident by the fact that we’re a leading provider of nonqualified deferred compensation plans.*
Exceptional service for plan sponsors and their participants is a critical part of a successful benefit program. Our administrative services platform reflects the value and commitment your clients are investing in this benefit.
Information below refers to services for the following nonqualified deferred comp plans: Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, 457(b) and (f) and Incentive Bonus. For details about administrative services for other nonqualified retirement plans, go to Life Business Market Administration.
* Based on total number of Section 409A plans and non-governmental 457 plans, PLANSPONSOR 2018 NQDC Recordkeeping Survey, June 2018.
We work with thousands of employers of all industries, sizes and types to deliver administrative services that address their specific needs. Whether setting up a new plan or maximizing the benefits of an existing plan, we deliver specialized support.
- Commitment and experience – Having focused on this market for decades, we’ve grown to address a broad base of clients. We have consistently invested in the people, technology and knowledge to serve the evolving needs of employers, key employees and financial professionals.
- Service and relationships – Our comprehensive service model includes systems, features and tools that exceed industry standards. Our people are committed to ensuring your plan delivers and you, your clients and their financial advisors will benefit from these relationships.
Refer to the Deferred Compensation Capabilities Brochure for additional details.
Principal offers numerous core and optional services for plan sponsors and participants.
- Plan Participant Services - Our online services include plan and investment information and services to assist with benefit management. And, our educational and communication strategies can help reinforce plan value as well as increase awareness and participation. View web tour.
- Plan Sponsor Services – Our services include plan transition resources, online access to plan and investment information and services as well as reporting and enrollment communications. View details about our quality assurance in our SSAE 16 SOC 1 Report (BB10074) (PDF). View web tour.
- Focused Investment Management – Underlying our taxable investment and corporate-owned life insurance financing options is a focused investment management strategy that helps deliver value and flexibility to your clients’ plans. Principal uses a variety of rigorous and disciplined processes to offer quality investment options from various well-known investment managers across asset classes and investment styles. View our Financing and Investment Capabilities Brochure (BB9784) (PDF) for more information.
- Rabbi Trust Distribution Services – Principal Trust CompanySM can administer your rabbi trust, giving you the option of outsourcing your plan participant distributions.
View complete details about our services in our Deferred Compensation Capabilities Brochure (BB9406) (PDF).
View plan activity on your deferred comp plans (login required).