Fee Disclosure Regulations
The Principal Financial Group® provides information and resources to help you and your clients understand and comply with the Department of Labor (DOL) 408(b)(2) plan sponsor fee disclosure regulations and 404(a) participant disclosure regulations.
Resources for Financial Professionals
- The Principal Blog®. Your information hotspot for retirement plan-related legislation, regulations and what they may mean for you.
- Sample Commitment of Retirement Plan Services (Word). This sample template can help you document your services and fees so you can communicate your value to clients.
Resources for Plan Sponsors and Participants
The Principal® has created the following resources to help educate plan sponsors and their participants:
- The Fee Reasonableness Review Checklist (PDF) is a sample template that helps guide plan fiduciaries through the evaluation process.
- The 408(b)(2) Disclosure Checklist (PDF) can help plan fiduciaries evaluate the reasonableness of fees related to the operation and management of a retirement plan.
- The Electronic Delivery of Participant Disclosure Materials (PDF) can serve as a guide to help you and your plan sponsors understand options for delivering disclosures electronically.
- The Participant Notices Summary (PDF) outlines timing requirements for 404a participant disclosure and other participant notices that may be required for your clients' plans.
- The Understanding Retirement Plan Fees Brochure (PDF) can help plan sponsors educate participants on the fees associated with the company retirement plan.
The subject matter in this communication is provided with the understanding that The Principal® is not rendering legal, accounting, or tax advice. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all matters pertaining to legal, tax, or accounting obligations and requirements.
t15061703rf - 6/2015