Get tips on where to find prospects for individual disability insurance (IDI).
IDI is part of a well-rounded financial plan for individuals and businesses.Know who to talk to
Business Loan Protection Rider
The Business Loan Protection (BLP) rider covers loans taken out for business-related expenses, such as:
- Purchase or expansion of a practice or business
- Purchase of expensive equipment
- Facility renovations
- An increase in working capital or build-up of inventory
It's available as a cost rider on Overhead Expense insurance policies (HH789 and HH702) - in approved states (DI2696) (PDF). In the event of a total disability, benefits can be assigned to the financial institution holding the loan.
This rider offers guaranteed premium rates until the client reaches the Termination Date. It cannot be conditionally renewed beyond the age 65 policy anniversary.
Note: This rider is not available in California and is not approved in all states.
- Types of loans considered for coverage: Term, variable rate, commercial mortgage and lease financing
- Issue ages: 18 to 60
- Occupation classes: 3A/3A-M and above
- Elimination Periods: 30, 60, 90, 180 or 365 days
- Benefit amount: Based on loan obligation, up to $20,000 per month
- Benefit maximum: Up to $2 million
- Benefit period: End of the financial obligation or earlier (three-year minimum)
- Discounts (not all stackable): 10% Select Occupation, 20% Multi-Life1, 10% Association (not approved in all states)
1 Available when three or more employees with a common employer purchase Individual Disability Insurance from the same producer.
Key materials listed below.
Producer insurance checklist (JJ2007)
When establishing an informal referral relationship with CPAs and attorneys, this guide can help them recognize prospects for income protection.
Bank prospecting letter (DI2409)
Explains how the bank's loan customers could benefit from our Business Loan Protection rider.
For producer information only. This summary is not a complete statement of the rights, benefits, limitations and exclusions of the coverage described here. For cost and coverage details, contact your Principal® representative.