Defined Contribution plans
A better retirement can start at Principal®
Give your clients and their employees access to award-winning1 digital tools and resources to help with their retirement plan. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- High-quality support for you, your clients, and their participants.
- Easier administration and management of retirement plans.
- Plan design features that can help encourage higher participation levels and deferral rates.
- Participant education sharply focused on helping participants achieve retirement readiness.
- Extensive platform investment options for your client's retirement plan lineup and an availability of an in-plan guaranteed income option for retirement income.
The plan sponsor and participant experiences at Principal help set your clients up for success. As a leading service provider of defined contribution,2 we can support your and your clients’ diverse needs with flexible and scalable solutions for:
- 401(k), 403(b), 401(a), KSOP
- For profit, tax-exempt, governmental, union, pooled employer plans
- Startup through institutional-sized plans
- Bundled or third-party administrator (TPA) service arrangements
You and your clients get holistic and secure retirement plan services:
- Plan design consulting and administrative services
- Recordkeeping, including electronic Form 5500 filing and audit support
- Plan compliance testing, including non-discrimination and other plan testing
- Plan and investment fiduciary support
- Participant enrollment, financial wellness, education, and retirement income planning services
Defined Contribution resources
Selecting the right retirement plan
To get started, contact your local Principal® representative or support team:
Call us at 800-952-3343
Email our Advisor Support Team
1 Ranked No. 1 in satisfaction for plan sponsor and participant website and online capabilities. Escalent. Cogent Syndicated Retirement Planscape® (May 2020).
2 Top 3 defined contribution recordkeeper and top 3 401(k) recordkeeper by number of participants. PLANSPONSOR Recordkeeping Survey, July 2020. Principal and Wells Fargo IRT combined Plansponsor.com data. Future market share is subject to change and won’t be updated until next release of application data.
Principal Financial Group closed the acquisition of certain assets of the Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement and Trust business (IRT) on July 1, 2019. The transition, transfer, and integration of IRT business operations, employees, and clients will occur over the following 24 months. During the transition period, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., a bank affiliate of Wells Fargo & Company, will continue to operate and service the IRT business for the benefit of Principal®, including providing recordkeeping, trustee, and/or custody services. Wells Fargo has not reviewed the content of the attached material and makes no judgment of its accuracy.
Intended for financial professionals.The subject matter in this communication is educational only and provided with the understanding that Principal® is not rendering legal, accounting, investment or tax advice. You should consult with appropriate counsel, financial professionals, and other advisors on all matters pertaining to legal, tax, investment or accounting obligations and requirements.