Overhead Expense Insurance
Help businesses keep their door open during a disability.
Overhead Expense (OE) insurance reimburses business owners for business expenses incurred during a disability—so they can keep the door open when they are too sick or hurt to work. Covered expenses are typically those that are deductible for federal income-tax purposes, such as premiums for malpractice insurance, mortgage/rent, salaries, utilities, water, and more. The policy is non-cancelable and guaranteed renewable to the insured’s age 65 policy anniversary or for five years from policy date, whichever is later.
In states where the HH789 product is not approved, the HH702 product is available (excluding California). View state approvals.
- Small to midsize businesses with up to 8 owners
- Ages 35-55
- Occupation classes 3A/3A-M and above
Working with Principal®
We’re more than just products. It’s about the service you’ll receive from Principal and the experience, education, and ease of doing business to help you succeed with IDI.
- Get direct access to your local IDI wholesaling team (800-654-4278, option 2,2).
- Access underwriting and submitting business resources (800-654-4278, options 3,3).
- Get claims information (800-654-4278, options 4,3,4).
For financial professional information only. This summary is not a complete statement of the rights, benefits, limitations, and exclusions of the coverage described here. For cost and coverage details, contact your Principal® representative.