Dental - Employer-Paid
Each client is one-of-a-kind. We help you treat them that way with customized designs. Simply select the right combination to personalize your client’s dental design. A wide range of available deductibles, coinsurance and maximums make customization even easier.
Our dental products are designed to allow you to create the ideal benefit design for both employers and employees.
- Benefit flexibility – Large range of deductibles, coinsurance and maximums.
- Provisional flexibility – Ability to move specific procedures between service categories.
Additional features allow employers to customize their dental coverage with a variety of options.
- Additional Benefit Riders - Adds coverage for services typically not included in a traditional dental policy: cosmetic services, dental accidents, dental implants, orthodontia, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) treatment.
- Preventive Passport (PDF) - Stretches employees’ dental benefits by encouraging routine care which doesn’t count against the annual maximum.
Oral health programs
At-risk members can receive extra care, and all members can get a second opinion.
- Periodontal Program – Provides additional benefits for members who are pregnant, or who have diabetes or heart disease.*
- Cancer Treatment Oral Health Program – Provides extra care for members undergoing chemotherapy and/or head/neck radiation therapy.
- Second Opinion Program – Ensures members receive the best advice about dental care by covering second opinions.
Learn more (PDF) about our oral health programs.
*Conditions may vary in Connecticut.
With 117,000+ unique dentists with multiple offices, the Principal Plan® Dental Network is one of the largest networks in the industry. It includes general practitioners, orthodontists and other dental specialists across the country and in Mexico.
To ensure a wide range of quality providers to choose from, all network providers are credentialed. This ensures providers follow proper billing and practice patterns, good claim history and standard utilization patterns.
Our dental network ranks #1 in size in many metropolitan statistical areas.*
*October 2017 Strenuus data. Strenuus is a network comparison tool of national competitors.
|Minimum Case Size||Participation Rate|
- Give groups as small as 10 enrolled employees the ability to offer two benefit designs (low and high) to employees.
- Add dental coverage for clients purchasing other group benefits from Principal Life. Adding more coverages may result in even more savings. Check out the savings.
Listen to these ideas and recommend changes clients can make to dental plans to reduce their costs: