Life Insurance Underwriting
Helping clients achieve the best rating possible and having more time to sell is easy when you take advantage of our valuable programs and services. Couple that with competitive turnaround times, ready access to your underwriter and dedicated case managers, and you have an underwriting experience that’s just right.
New! Limited-pay underwriting program
Put clients' minds at ease about underwriting
- Share this video (3:00) and flyer (BB12189) (PDF) with clients to help them understand how underwriting works and what they can expect in simple terms.
Don’t forget to request our Accelerated Underwriting for clients Standard and better.
Our Underwriting Guide provides a convenient overview of services, impairments information, programs and guidelines.
- Attending Physician Statements (APS)
- Capacity, Auto Bind and Jumbo Limits (PDF)
- Foreign National and Foreign Resident Guidelines (PDF)
- Guaranteed Issue and Simplified Issue
- Medical Information Bureau (MIB) Sheets
- Risk Assessment – Adverse Action
- Risk Assessment – Non-Medical
- Routine Requirement Charts
- Life Drop Ticket (use for Term products - all access) – Speed up the application process by submitting basic coverage and insured information. Principal TeleApp contacts the insured to complete the Part A, B and applicable forms with eSignature. Learn more. (PDF)
- Life E-App (use for UL products - Principal Advisor Network access only) – Powered by iPipeline®, this tool helps take the guess work out of insurance paperwork by electronically guiding you through the complete application process, including eSignature. This link is for Principal Advisor Network access only; independent advisor access is provided by the brokerage general agency office.
- eSend – This electronic submission tool can expedite your new business documents. (Login required.)
- Create an App – Answer a few quick questions and then get a listing of all the required submission documents for easy viewing and printing.
- Request Part B - Schedule a trained professional to complete the medical portion Part B (Part II) of the application for you. (Login required.)
- New Business Guide (PDF) - Outlines how to get your business submitted quickly and accurately.
- Underwriting/New Business Overview Webinar
- Principal Express Edge – Your policy could be underwritten in as few as four days if a clean application is submitted.
- Multi-Life Business Underwriting Program – Provides insurance solutions to business executives and key employee groups. Guaranteed Issue and Simplified Issue options available. View program details. Approval and written offer are required prior to submitting applications. Submit Guaranteed Issue/Simplified Issue Underwriting Inquiry.
Pending Business Report – Track the progress of your business as it goes through the underwriting and issue process.
New Business Guide (BB10816)
Walks you through the process of getting your business submitted quickly and accurately.
- Contact your home office underwriter or call 800-654-4278.