Disability Insurance Servicing
Principal Life’s commitment to service doesn’t end with policy issue. When clients experience life changes (e.g., new job, baby, divorce, marriage, new house, loss of job, etc.), their policy should be reviewed. In addition, certain policy features, like the Benefit Update rider, require attention throughout the life cycle of a policy.
Principal Life’s administration team can help with:
For details on these services, contact the Existing Policy Producer Support at 800-654-4278.
We recommend annual policy reviews. There are also servicing opportunities available:
- IDI Benefit Update Activity Report - Detailed information about BU opportunities. Don't forget, any increases accepted from the BU opportunity generate commissions.
- IDI Lapse Activity Report - Detailed information about lapse notifications.
Learn more about the Benefit Update and Lapse Notification communication process - including timing and sample correspondence.
We offer a variety of online tools to help service existing business with Principal Life, including:
- IDI Benefit Update Activity Report – Provides BU activity status - updated nightly.
- IDI Lapse Activity Report – Monitor policies that have premium past due and are pending lapse- updated nightly.
- Client Correspondence – View or print most of the correspondence sent to your clients. At least 13 months of letters and statements are available.
- Customer Information – Search for a customer's life insurance or disability insurance policy information.
- Policy Activity Report – Provides a snapshot of activity for your sold policies - updated hourly.
- Subscription Services – Sign up for email alerts that provide notification when certain correspondence has been sent.
- Managing book of business (JJ1594) (PDF) - This producer brochure highlights the online tools that are available to manage their business and identify opportunities to reach out to clients for benefit increases and lapses.
Key materials listed below.
Future Benefit Increase riders - Series 700 (JJ1240)
This flyer compares the features of the Future Benefit Increase rider and the Benefit Update rider.