Principal Life offers employer-paid group term life and voluntary term life coverage with the contract flexibility needed to meet a variety of business and individual needs. Adding Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) to these coverages gives employees even more benefits.
Beyond insurance protection, all insured individuals have access to a Will and Legal Document Center and an Identity Theft Kit. And individuals covered by group term life insurance have access to a Travel Assistance Program.
You can count on Principal Life for outstanding claims service and support. Since coping with the loss of a loved one can be difficult, beneficiaries receive services, including grief support, access to financial professionals and will preparation for spouses and dependents.
We offer employer-paid coverage for groups with as few as three lives, and voluntary coverage for groups with as few as five lives. Availability of options may vary by state.
Available with group term life or voluntary term life insurance:
- Will & Legal Document Center - Free access to resources and tools provided by ARAG1 to create a Will, Living Will, Healthcare Power of Attorney, Durable Power of Attorney and Medical Treatment Authorization for Minors.
Share with clients (PDF) (GP54930) | View a demo (6:23)
- Identity Theft Kit - The kit from ARAG provides information on protecting oneself from identity theft.
- Beneficiary Support - Grief Support Services give beneficiaries support to help cope with their loss.
Available with group term life insurance only:
- Travel Assistance Program - Employees, their spouses and dependent children (whether traveling together or separately) have access to travel, medical, legal and financial assistance plus emergency medical evacuation benefits provided by AXA Assistance2 when traveling domestically or internationally more than 100 miles from home for up to 120 consecutive days. Available with group term life insurance only. Get the details now. (PDF) (GP59994)
1The use of services provided by ARAG Services, LLC, is not a substitute for consultation with an attorney. Principal Life Insurance Company is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damages related to the use of the ARAG legal document service. This service is not part of any Principal Life insurance contract and may be changed or discontinued at any time. ARAG is not a member of the Principal Financial Group®.
2Participants are responsible for any incurred fees or expenses. Insured transportation services are administered by AXA Assistance USA, Inc. and underwritten by a third party licensed insurance company. Principal Life Insurance Company is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability or damages related to the use of the AXA Assistance service. This service is not part of any Principal Life insurance contract and may be changed or discontinued at any time. AXA Assistance is not a member of the Principal Financial Group®.
Valuable discounts are available to customers with group dental, disability, life, vision, critical illness and/or accident coverage. These discounts are not insurance.
- Laser Vision Correction1 - Savings on the surgery through the National Lasik Network, administered by LCA-Vision, Inc.
- Hearing Aid Programs - Through American Hearing Benefits, Inc. (AHB) and Ear Professionals International Corporation (EPIC), employees and their families are eligible for up to 60% off hearing aids.
- Magazine Program - Discount to Diabetic Living®
- Vision Care1,2 - Discounts on LASIK surgery, eye exams, prescription glasses and lens options, as well as contact lens evaluations and fittings through VSP. Available with insured dental and/or vision coverage.
1Not available with managed care vision.
2Not available with self-funded coverage.
Discounts and services are not part of the coverage and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Principal Life is not liable for products and services provided by third parties.