Principal Life offers employer-paid, voluntary and self-funded dental coverage. Benefit designs can be customized with a choice of flexible options to meet employers’ needs.
We offer a variety of benefit designs to meet your clients’ needs:
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Network Select*
- Point of Service (POS) in California
- Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) in California
- Pre-Paid Dental Option in Arizona, California and Florida
Employer-paid coverage is available to groups with as few as three employees, and voluntary coverage to groups with as few as five employees.
Traditional Coverage + Pediatric Dental EHB
|Traditional Coverage for Ages 19-26
ACA Accompanying SolutionsSM
|Comprehensive coverage for all family members.
Available in all states.
Comprehensive coverage for all family members.
Meets the pediatric dental Essential Health Benefits (EHB) requirements for small employers.
See list of available states. (login required)
Comprehensive coverage for adults and dependents age 19-26.
When 19-year-old children no longer qualify for pediatric dental benefits, they can be covered.
Available in all states for small employers.
With 113,000+ unique dentists with multiple offices, the Principal Plan® Dental Network is one of the largest networks in the industry. It includes general practitioners, orthodontists and other dental specialists across the country and in Mexico.
To ensure a wide range of quality providers to choose from, all network providers are credentialed. This ensures providers follow proper billing and practice patterns, good claim history and standard utilization patterns.
Our dental network ranks #1 in size in many metropolitan statistical areas.*
*April 2017 Strenuus data. Strenuus is a network comparison tool of national competitors.
Principal Dental Health EdgeSM
Available with dental insurance, this service helps employees make better decisions about oral health care. Employees can find a credentialed dental provider, ask a dentist questions and take risk assessments. For more information, refer to Principal Dental Health Edge.
Valuable discounts are available to customers with group dental, disability, life, vision and/or critical illness coverage. These discounts are not insurance.
- Laser Vision Correction1 - Savings on the surgery through the National Lasik Network, administered by LCA-Vision, Inc.
- Hearing Aid Programs - Through American Hearing Benefits, Inc. (AHB) and Ear Professionals International Corporation (EPIC), employees and their families are eligible for up to 60% off hearing aids.
- Magazine Program - Discount to Diabetic Living®
- Vision Care1,2 - Discounts on LASIK surgery, eye exams, prescription glasses and lens options, as well as contact lens evaluations and fittings through VSP. Available with insured dental and/or vision coverage.
1Not available with managed care vision.
2Not available with self-funded coverage.
Discounts and services are not part of the coverage and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Principal Life is not liable for products and services provided by third parties.
Key materials listed below. Additional materials are available.
Importance of the insurance and benefits of Principal Life’s coverage.
Preventive Passport (GP59270)
Explains how the program works and how members can stretch benefits with preventive services.