VUL Income III
Principal Variable Universal Life Income IIISM (VUL Income III) provides valuable life insurance protection, long-term cash value growth and income potential.
- Ages 35-55
- Max-funded scenarios
- Business owners, key employees and high-earning professionals interested in additional retirement income
- Individuals who are maxing out their qualified plan options
- Nonqualified plan funding options – Principal Executive Bonus PlusSM and Principal S Owner PlusSM
- Death benefit that's tax-free to beneficiaries.
- Top-tier income out of the policy with competitive target premiums.
- Unique automated income platform.
- Contractual zero net-cost loans.
- More than 65 investment options featuring well-known fund families.
- High early cash surrender values available to businesses via an optional rider.
- Issue ages: 0-85; Maturity age: 121
- No-lapse guarantees – Options to keep the policy in force during the first 10 policy years or to age 65, 85 or 100 – guaranteed, even if your client experiences losses in policy value.
- Zero net-cost loans after policy year 10, contractual and guaranteed; all outstanding policy loans automatically convert to zero net-cost after policy year 10. Loans or surrenders may be subject to surrender charges and/or transaction fees and will reduce cash value and death benefit.
- For more information about VUL Income III, go to:
Your clients get access to an array of underlying investment options managed by well-known money managers across major style categories. Offering multiple, quality investment choices helps them find a mix of investment options for their risk tolerance and investment objectives.
Asset allocation* solutions:
- Principal Strategic Asset Management (SAM) Portfolios — Targeted to the client’s risk tolerance and investment objectives.
- Principal LifeTime Accounts — Self-adjusting portfolios based on the client’s anticipated retirement date. **See below for important information about Principal LifeTime Accounts.
- TOPSTM Protected ETF Portfolios — Three growth objective options that seek to provide capital appreciation with less volatility.
- Principal Self-build Models – Over 65 investment options to choose from with models based on the client’s risk tolerance.
View VUL Investment Options (PDF) (LV628) for an overview of the investment options available and selection process used when presenting VUL products from The Principal.
For the most current investment options, see Rates & Values on www.principal.com.
* No investment strategy, such as asset allocation, can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.
**About Principal LifeTime Accounts
The Principal LifeTime Accounts, which are target date portfolios, invest in underlying Principal Funds. Each Principal LifeTime Account is managed toward a particular target (retirement) date, or the approximate date the investor starts withdrawing money. As each Principal LifeTime portfolio approaches its target date, the investment mix becomes more conservative by increasing exposure to generally more conservative investment options and reducing exposure to typically more aggressive investment options. The asset allocation for each Principal LifeTime Account is regularly re-adjusted within a timeframe that extends 15 years beyond the target date, at which point it reaches its most conservative allocation. Principal LifeTime Accounts assume the value of an investor’s account will be withdrawn gradually during retirement.
Neither the principal nor the underlying assets of the Principal LifeTime investment options are guaranteed at any time, including the target date. Investment risk remains at all times.
Key materials listed below.
VUL Income III Brochure (BB10530)
Provides an overview of product features and benefits for clients.
Why VUL Guide (BB11978)
Helps clients understand what VUL insurance is and how it works.
Managing Your VUL Policy Flyer (LV379)
Offers tips on how to manage a VUL policy in a volatile economy.
Key materials listed below.
VUL Income III Product Profile (BB11898)
Highlights VUL Income III policy features and fast facts.
VUL Income III Product Guide (BB10604)
Provides product details, including features, riders, underwriting and marketing.
Materials approved for use with consumers
Death Benefit Advance Rider Flyer (BB10620)
Highlights how this rider can provide access to resources when clients need it most.
Materials approved for use with consumers. Key materials listed below.
Asset Allocation Questionnaire & Models Portfolio (BB10603)
Helps determine client investment objectives and tolerance for financial risk.
Self-Build Models Worksheet (BB10612)
Use with Asset Allocation and Models Portfolio (BB10603) to help clients build portfolios.
Before investing, carefully consider the investment option objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. Contact a financial professional or visit principal.com for a prospectus or, if available, a summary prospectus containing this and other information. Please read it carefully before investing.
Variable life insurance is subject to market risk, including the potential loss of the principal invested.
In exchange for the death benefit, life insurance products charge fees such as mortality and expense risk charges and surrender fees.
The Death Benefit Guarantee rider and all guarantees are subject to the claims-paying ability of Principal Life Insurance Company.
The policy rider descriptions are not intended to cover all restrictions, conditions or limitations that may apply. See the policy and rider for full details. Riders are subject to state variations and may not be available in all states. Some riders may require additional premium.