VUL Income IV
Principal Variable Universal Life Income IVSM (VUL Income IV) provides valuable life insurance protection, long-term cash value growth and income potential.
This product is approved in all states.
- Ages 35-55
- Max-funded scenarios
- Business owners, key employees, or their family members interested in additional retirement income
- Individuals who are maxing out their qualified plan options
- Nonqualified plan funding options such as bonus and deferred compensation plans
- Death benefit that's tax-free to beneficiaries.
- Attractive income out of the policy with competitive target premiums.
- Innovative automated income platform.
- Contractual zero net-cost loans.
- More than 70 investment options featuring well-known fund families.
- High early cash surrender values available to businesses via an optional rider.
- Issue ages: 0-85; Maturity age: 121
- No-Lapse Guarantees: Options to keep the policy in force during the first 10 policy years or to age 65 – guaranteed, even if your client experiences losses in policy value.
- Zero net-cost loans after policy year 10, contractual and guaranteed; all outstanding policy loans automatically convert to zero net-cost after policy year 10. Loans or surrenders may be subject to surrender charges and/or transaction fees and will reduce cash value and death benefit.
- For more information about VUL Income IV, go to:
Your clients get access to an array of underlying investment options managed by well-known money managers across major style categories. Offering multiple, quality investment choices helps them find a mix of investment options for their risk tolerance and investment objectives.
Asset allocation* solutions:
- Principal Strategic Asset Management (SAM) Portfolios.Targeted to the client’s risk tolerance and investment objectives.
- Principal LifeTime Accounts. Self-adjusting portfolios based on the client’s anticipated retirement date. See below for important information about Principal LifeTime Accounts.**
- TOPSTM Protected ETF Portfolios.Three growth objective options that seek to provide capital appreciation with less volatility.
- Principal Self-build Models. Over 70 investment options to choose from with models based on the client’s risk tolerance.
For the most current investment options, see Rates & Values on principal.com.
* No investment strategy, such as asset allocation, can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.
**About Principal LifeTime Accounts
The Principal LifeTime Accounts, which are target date portfolios, invest in underlying Principal Funds. Each Principal LifeTime Account is managed toward a particular target (retirement) date, or the approximate date the investor starts withdrawing money. As each Principal LifeTime portfolio approaches its target date, the investment mix becomes more conservative by increasing exposure to generally more conservative investment options and reducing exposure to typically more aggressive investment options. The asset allocation for each Principal LifeTime Account is regularly re-adjusted within a timeframe that extends 15 years beyond the target date, at which point it reaches its most conservative allocation. Principal LifeTime Accounts assume the value of an investor’s account will be withdrawn gradually during retirement.
Neither the principal nor the underlying assets of the Principal LifeTime investment options are guaranteed at any time, including the target date. Investment risk remains at all times.
Key materials listed below.
VUL Income IV Consumer Brochure (BB12243)
Provides an overview of product features and benefits for clients.
VUL Income IV Investor Guide (BB12366)
Helps determine client investment objectives and tolerance for financial risk.
Why VUL Guide (BB11978)
Helps clients understand what VUL insurance is and how it works.
Managing Your VUL Policy Flyer (BB12535)
Offers tips on how to manage a VUL policy in a volatile economy.
Key materials listed below.
Maximum Income Solve Using WinFlex (BB12132)
Walks you through the process of running an illustration solve for maximum income using the WinFlex system.
VUL Income IV Product Profile (BB12351)
Highlights VUL Income IV policy features and fast facts.
VUL Income IV Product Guide (BB12349)
Provides product details, including features, riders, underwriting, and marketing.
Materials approved for use with consumers
Cost of Living Increase Rider Flyer (BB12168)
Explains how the policy coverage can increase over time to keep up with increases in every day expenses.
Life Paid-Up Rider Flyer (BB12012)
Explains how this rider can help consumers enjoy the tax advantages of life insurance by keeping their policies from lapsing.
Materials approved for use with consumers. Key materials listed below.