The Association Program helps you multiply your sales potential and make individual disability insurance available to broader audiences. Associations that qualify for the program are given a 10 percent premium discount on the applicable product.
Find out if your state has approved the Association Program and what products have been approved.
To qualify for the Association Program, the association:
- Must be a dues-paying local, county, state, professional or trade association
- Must have been in existence for at least two years and formed for the purpose of promoting the interest of the profession (not for the sole purpose of obtaining insurance for members)
- Must have a constitution or by-laws (regardless of whether incorporated)
- Must have an obtainable membership roster
You must receive pre-approval from Underwriting before approaching an association.
- Products: Available for DI, OE and DBO
- Issue Ages: 18 to 60
- Number of Lives: 100+ eligible preferred
- Occupation Classes: 3A and above
- Rates: Sex distinct (Except MT)
- Discounts: 10% Association Discount1, 10% Select Occupation Discount and up to 10% for Mental/Nervous Substance Abuse (MNSA) Disorder Limitation2 (for DI only)
1 – Marketing rights are exclusive to the original writing producer, but other producers may write policies under the discount. National associations typically not considered.
2 – Not available in Vermont.
Key materials listed below. Additional materials are available.
Comparison of Principal DI to various assocation plans - customizable (JJ2252C)
This piece compares Principal individual DI coverage to group plans available through national associations for veterinarians, CPAs, optometrists, attorneys and dentists. Users can select which association they want to compare to.
Email to members (DI8083)
Send this email to members of associations that are eligible for the discount. Make sure to fill in the name of the association, the amount of the discount (and corresponding footnote) and your contact information.
Letter to executives (DI8744)
Introduce the offer to executives.
Letter to members from executive (DI8745)
Promote the offer to members with a letter from the executive.
Letter to member from advisor (DI8743)
Send a letter from yourself to members.
This content is designed for use by financial professionals. It is not intended for use in sales situations or with the general public. Consumers may learn more about products and services on www.principal.com. Disability insurance has limitations and exclusions.