IDI Target Markets
"Sell income protection? Where would I start?" We have heard that from so many advisors and want to help make it as easy as possible. You can start by looking at your existing block of business. Think about clients who are:
- Earning at least $40,000 per year
- In an occupation with little to no manual duties
We have also identified some key markets (JJ2235) (PDF) for disability insurance sales.
Plus, several of these occupations are also part of our Select Professional Program. This means that they are eligible for higher benefit amounts as compared to their peers in other occupations earning the same amount.
- Business Owners
- Zoominfo.com – this site provides a lot of background information for free and it is updated regularly.
- Manta.com - this site provides similar information to Zoominfo.com.
- Better Business Bureau – even if the company doesn’t have a review on file, the site may contain information. Be aware that this information isn’t updated regularly.
- Employees of Large Companies
- Find engineers in your area.
- Use these sites to find lists of engineer associations in your area:
- Government Employees
Key materials listed below.
Select Professional template consumer approach email (DI8235)
Approach consumers early in their careers about the select professional program. Just customize the occupation you're targeting in the first paragraph.
Template for occupation-specific approach email (DI8839)
Approach specific occupations about income protection with this email. Simply fill in the occupation you're targeting in the first line of the email.
Highlights the select professional program to specific occupations (Customizable) (JJ1356C)
Customize this flyer for a variety of occupations that are eligible for the select professional program and add your contact information.
Showcase the need for DI with key occupations (Customizable) (JJ1871C)
Customize this flyer to target a variety of occupations and add your contact information.
Income protection infographic (JJ1907POD)
Presents various facts about income protection in a simple graphical way. Front/back version.
Key materials listed below.
California select professional discount (DI2088)
In CA, additional discount(s) available for select occupations who are members of a professional association.
Select Professional issue limits and sales approach (JJ1251)
One-page flyer that outlines occupations that qualify for the Select Professionals program and provides monthly issue limit information for DI and OE insurance.
Stackable Discounts (JJ1591)
This flyer shows the various discounts Principal Life offers.
Millennial market profile (LH159)
Learn key insights to better understand and market to the older millennial market.
DI9928 – 10/2018