Private Split Dollar
A private split dollar arrangement is typically an agreement between an individual and an irrevocable life insurance trust, designed to provide estate tax protection while minimizing the value of gifts to fund the trust.
This arrangement is ideal for people with an estate tax problem who are reluctant to enter into a traditional irrevocable life insurance trust (ILIT) due to its apparent lack of flexibility.
- People who want to provide a death benefit while preserving cash values for their estate
- Situations where it is necessary to minimize use of the gift tax annual exclusion, particularly where insurance for estate tax purposes is owned by another family member (child)
- Grandparents who want to fund their generation-skipping trust (GST) with amounts greater than their GST exemption with minimal or no GST, estate or gift tax consequences
Sample Proposal (BZ778)
A customized proposal can be created by the Advanced Solutions Case Design team by using the Request for Proposal. It will be customized for your client with appropriate cover information, financial model and illustration.
View Sample Proposal (PDF) (Temporarily unavailable)
- Private Split Dollar (Single Life) w/ Irrevocable Trust Agreement (BB10901)
- Private Split Dollar (Survivorship) w/ Irrevocable Trust Agreement (BB10902)
- Split Dollar Restrictive Collateral Assignment Form (DD9215)
For more information on our products, view Life Insurance Products.
ILIT Financing Strategies Comparison (Survivorship) (BB11630)
Compares the features of six financing strategies for survivorship life insurance owned by an irrevocable life insurance trust.
ILIT Financing Strategies Comparison (Single insured) (BB11629)
Compares the features of six financing strategies for single insured life insurance owned by an irrevocable life insurance trust.