Get real traction by working with a carrier that understands your needs.
Keep sales on the fast track with TeleApp.Learn more
Our free TeleApp phone service helps you close sales quicker.
- An employee of Principal interviews a client to gather information for Part B (Part II) of their insurance application.
- The client is guided through insurability questions using a state-of-the-art reflexive system.
There are five easy steps:
Complete Part A (Part 1) of the application, and obtain Part C signatures. Explain the interview process to your client.
Interviews are conducted from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CST, Monday through Thursday, and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST, Friday. Immediate interviews are the preferred method of contacting TeleApp.
|Submit the initial application and other required forms (supplemental applications, illustrations, blood consent and Field Office Report) to your New Business coordinator for processing.|
The TeleApp interviewer speaks with your client and completes the insurability questions (Part B/Part II). The interview usually takes 20-25 minutes (extensive health histories may take longer.) A draft copy of the completed interview is sent to you once the application is received in the home office.
Beginning 7/9/16, TeleApp will follow up with your client in the event of a missed interview by phone and email:
|Deliver the policy to the client. The home office provides two copies of the completed application. Your client reviews the information and signs both copies. One copy is attached to the policy and remains with the client. Return the entire packet, along with the signed application (Part D), to the home office.|
The TeleApp interview
You can choose to have your client complete an immediate interview (preferred method) or an appointment can be scheduled.
- To immediately complete the interview, call 888-TeleApp (888-835-3277), option 2
- Submit a request using the online form.
- To schedule an interview, call 888-TeleApp (888-835-3277), option 1
If an interview is scheduled, please provide the following information:
- Producer's name and telephone number
- Field Contact email address (required starting 7/9/16)
- Client's name, Social Security number and date of birth
- Products and total amounts applied for
- Signature state (the signing state)
- Client's telephone number and time to call
- Client email address (required starting 7/9/16)
- The producer report includes a location to record the client’s email address if you’d like us to order the interview for your client.
- If we do not receive a client email, we will be unable to schedule the interview on your behalf and will note that the TeleApp is outstanding on your initial welcome message.
DI9944 – 10/2018