Endorsement Split Dollar Submission Guidelines
Take advantage of free, top-notch administrative services from Principal by making sure your business is submitted to our Business Market Administration (BMA) department.
- Complete life insurance applications and accompanying life insurance illustrations, per NAIC regulations.
- The employer (or a trust on behalf of employer) should be policyowner.
- In Beneficiary section of each app, write “Refer to Endorsement Split Dollar Benefit Instructions.”
- With each app, complete an Endorsement Split Dollar Benefit Instructions form (DD914E).
- Sex distinct rates should apply.
- To obtain life insurance applications, visit the Create Application Packet page in Virtual Supply, or Principal Advisor Network offices may use Life E-App (for Term and Universal Life products only).
- Have client complete an Endorsement Split Dollar agreement. Submit a copy of the completed document. You may refer to these sample agreements:
- If corporate-owned, have authorized officer other than proposed insured sign as policy owner1.
- For variable life insurance, submit documents identified in required Customer Identity Verification Form (MM2580)
- Complete Business Case Submission Checklist (DD849R).
- For Guaranteed Issue or Simplified Issue Underwriting, include a copy of the Principal home office email or letter which granted approval for this underwriting program.
- Prepare a cover letter/memo if there are any special instructions or requests.
- Refer to the information below to submit above items.
1 If insured is the only one authorized to sign as owner, include either a copy of Articles of Incorporation or explanatory letter on company letterhead.
- Write policy number and proposed insured's name in upper right of both fax cover sheet and first page of application.
- Fax all documents in proper page order. If you have a payment, make photocopy of check and fax with application. Mail original check immediately to home office at one of the addresses below.
- Mail ONLY the following ORIGINAL documents to home office at one of the addresses below (always include cover sheet with policy number and proposed insured name):
Principal Financial Group
P.O. Box 10431
Des Moines, IA 50306-0431
Principal Financial Group
ATTN: IPDC A-001-N20
711 High Street
Des Moines, IA 50392
Call your BMA Administrator at 800-654-4278, options 4, 2, 3 with any questions.
Insurance issued by Principal National Life Insurance Co. (except in NY) and Principal Life Insurance Co. Plan administrative services offered by Principal Life. Principal National and Principal Life are members of the Principal Financial Group®, Des Moines, IA 50392.