Thought Capital - Nonqualified Deferred Compensation
As a leader in the nonqualified deferred compensation (NQDC) market, we know these plans are effective for plan sponsors and participants alike - and we do our homework to prove it. Browse the information to understand how these benefits help employers meet organizational goals while helping key employees address their financial needs.
- Trends in Nonqualified Deferred Compensation White Paper (BB10711)
- Infographic of Key Findings - Participant (BB10849)
- Infographic of Key Findings - Plan Sponsor (BB11683)
How Priorities Align with Practices (BB10316)
Small business owners identify business protection as their No. 1 goal, so why do only 34 percent of them have adequate coverage in place to support their objectives? Learn about industry-wide trends that may lead to new opportunities in this market.
Infographic: How Priorities Align with Practices (LH142)
A visual way to demonstrate the priorities of business owners and the actions they have taken to-date.
Infographic: Business Continuation (LH143)
A visual way to show how business owners have a lot to consider when planning for transitioning out of their businesses.
2018 Trends in Nonqualified Deferred Compensation (BB10711)
Since 2008, Principal® has tracked the trends within the nonqualified deferred compensation plan (NQDC) market on behalf of Principal. This 2018 NQDC research spotlights into the attitudes and experiences of plan sponsors and participants regarding NQDC solutions.
View (PDF) • Order
View Plan Participant Infographic (BB10849) • View Plan Sponsor Infographic (BB11683) • For additional research information, go to www.principal.com/nqresearch
NQ Video Series
Market yourself and educate new and prospective plan sponsors with these five- to seven-minute videos.
- “Building a moat – that’s how nonqualified plans can complement an advisor’s business” - NAPA Net the Magazine (official magazine of the National Association of Plan Advisors) article featuring Greg Linde, senior vice president – Individual Life at Principal. Discusses the opportunity of helping employers more holistically by providing advice on both qualified and nonqualified plans. (Summer 2018)
- "3 Trends That May Boost Supplemental Retirement Plan Demand" - ThinkAdvisor.com article written by Warren May, national vice president of life distribution at Principal. Discusses market changes supporting advisors that want to add nonqualified supplemental retirement solutions to their practices. (September 2017)
BenefitsPro.com article, "Sponsors using NQDC plans for more than retirement readiness"
This year, the IRS raised the limit on annual compensation deferrals to 401(k) plans a bit, from a $17,500 cap to $18,000. Pre-retirees, those age 50 and over, have the benefit of an extra $6,000, the so-called catch-up deferral.