NY illustration/quotation regulation
Effective Monday, April 9, 2018, the state of New York requires that an illustration, illustration disclosure, quotation or Preliminary Information form (DD9321) (PDF) must accompany the application and be signed accordingly. If this requirement is not met, a fully completed, newly signed application must be submitted to the home office prior to policy issuance.
April 9 New York requirements
- All new illustrated products (all products except Term, UL Protector and SUL) will require a signed illustration or signed illustration disclosure on or before the application signed date.
- All new quotation products (UL Protector and SUL) will require a signed quotation on or before the application signed date.
- All new Term products will require the Preliminary Information form DD9321 be submitted with the application. It must be fully completed and signed by all parties on or before the application signed date.
Transition Period – April 9, 2018 through May 9, 2018
- There will be a 30-day transition period before the home office will enforce the new signed application requirement, if missed.
- Applications received after May 9 must meet the above requirements. A new application will be required prior to issue if the above requirement is not met.
Principal National Life Insurance Company and Principal Life Insurance Company, Des Moines, Iowa 50392-0002
Insurance issued by Principal National Life Insurance Co. (except in NY) and Principal Life Insurance Co. Principal National and Principal Life are members of the Principal Financial Group®, Des Moines, IA 50392.
For financial professional use only. Not for distribution to the public.
452328-032018Back to News Home