Applied Knowledge (Business & Life)
Our Applied Knowledge series covers a broad range of nonqualified deferred compensation topics. While designed primarily as reference material, these documents may also be used for sales and marketing purposes with both financial professionals and employers. If using with employers, make sure to use only the content applicable to their specific plan type.
Use the links below to review all Applied Knowledge on the following topics.
- Cross Endorsement Funding for Cross Purchase Buy-Sell Agreements (PDF) (BB12188)
Key Employee Retention & Retirement
- Deferred Comp – Plan Design - Plan design ideas for nonqualified deferred compensation solutions addressing specific company and participant needs.
- Deferred Comp – Plan Operation - Assisting nonqualified deferred compensation plan administrators with plan operation issues.
- Deferred Comp – Plan Financing - Assets may be held by the company to informally finance nonqualified deferred compensation plans. Asset management topics for companies to consider.
- Deferred Comp – Payroll Taxation and Reporting - Payroll taxation and reporting for nonqualified deferred compensation plans requires specialized knowledge. Employee and employer taxation and tax reporting.
- Deferred Comp – Accounting and Tax - A guide to accounting and tax issues for nonqualified deferred compensation plans.
Miscellaneous Uses for Life Insurance
- Premium finance guidelines using Principal life insurance products (DOC) (BB11522)
- Using life insurance as a bonding asset (PDF) (BB11891)
- Advanced Marketing Sales Library - Additional information from Pentera Group, Inc. on advanced marketing topics.
- IRS COLA limitations
- Legislation: Tax Cuts & Jobs Act, Section 409A, Pension Protection Act
- Sample Agreements
- Thought capital