Trust Services Overview
Estate planning is about more than what happens to your client's bank account, property, or investments when they pass away. It's more than just creating a will, it's about planning how to:
- Minimize estate taxes, protect assets from creditors, provide for future generations, satisfy charitable intentions, or provide for a special needs individual.
- Create a comprehensive business succession or inheritance equalization plan if your client is a business owner.
If you are an advisor who wants to provide a complete financial solution to your client you need to be able to discuss the potential value of adding a personal trust to your clients' estate plans. In addition to adding value to the relationship, by using Principal Trust CompanySM as the trust provider, you continue to provide the investment management services for the trust's underlying marketable investments and retain control of the client relationship.
Why choose personal trust services from Principal Trust?
Principal Trust focuses solely on trust administration and provides you with many competitive advantages, including:
- No minimum trust size requirements
- A wide variety of trust types:
- Asset Protection
- Special Needs
- AB (also known as Marital, Family trusts)
- Charitable Lead or Remainder Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust (ILIT)
- Delaware trust situs:
- Flexibility through the ability to split administrative and investment responsibilities
- Depth of asset protection
- Sales tools and support – through the entire trust process, from initial client interest to the on-boarding of the trust.