Low-cost, guaranteed protection for your clients
We've got you covered!View this product guide
Universal Life Protector IV
Principal Universal Life Protector IVSM (UL Protector IV) provides guaranteed lifetime coverage at an affordable price. It is a flexible premium universal life policy that helps ensure future obligations are met by providing guaranteed death benefit protection on a single life.
- Lapse Protection Rider (LPR) provides guaranteed death benefit protection for a specified period of time ranging from a few years up to an insured’s lifetime.
- A “catch up” feature if premium payments are skipped or delayed (assuming the policy and LPR are in-force, and the client is aware and can afford the future increased premium).
- Choice of three death benefit options.
- Banded Cost of Insurance rates, with best rates starting at $1 million in face amount.
- Extended maturity date to the date of death with the Extended Coverage rider. This rider is added to all policies at no additional cost.
- Males and females age 55 to 70
- Face amounts over $1 million
- Clients seeking long-term, guaranteed death benefit protection
- Individuals with sizable assets in annuities and IRAs who seek a way to pass on those assets, but not the tax burden, to their heirs
- Individuals who have a single life estate planning need
- Individuals/business owners who want to avoid current assumption universal life products and the investment risk of variable products
- Issue ages: 0-85: Maturity: age 121
- Policy loans: no minimum loan amount; maximum loan amount is formula-driven (state variations may apply); fixed loan charge rates.
- Partial surrenders: Available after first policy year; $500 minimum. Up to two partial surrenders allowed per year. The sum of the two partial surrenders is limited to 75% of the Net Surrender Value at the time of the first partial surrender.
- Features an array of riders, including: Accelerated Benefits, Waiver of Monthly Policy Charge, Cost of Living Increase, Children Term Insurance, Extended Coverage and Salary Increase.
- For more information about UL Protector IV, go to:
Key materials listed below. Additional materials are available.
We've Got You Covered (BB9660)
Brochure that can be used to introduce UL Protector IV as a potential solution to clients’ protection needs.
Key materials listed below. Additional materials available.
Product Profile (BB12053)
Get a quick overview of the UL Protector IV product features, target market and top solutions.
Using Death Benefit Option 3 with Universal Life (BB11966)
Illustrates the benefits of offering Death Benefit Option 3 with universal life insurance.