Life Insurance Review
The life insurance review package helps you get in front of more clients, provide a valuable, annual check-up and earn the opportunity to explore additional needs and solutions.
- Get started with the life insurance review marketing guide (BB9685).
- Use this interactive calculator (principal.com/lifecalc) or this worksheet (BB9138) to help clients and prospects assess their life insurance needs. The calculator also provides a basic cost estimate.
Here are some tips on what to look for in identifying potential candidates for a life insurance review:
- Rated policies, where health improvements or underwriting liberalizations may offer new opportunity
- Cash-value policies that have been under-funded or heavily borrowed against
- Term insurance (particularly with larger face amounts) for possible conversion
- Term insurance that has been in force several years for conversion or potential replacement if it meets the clients' needs
- Clients whose financial or business situation has seemingly improved, or who have experienced a major life change
- Large cases in general that have been in force for some time
- Trust-owned life insurance policies
- Clients with sizeable annuity and/or qualified plan assets who are over age 60 and prosperous
- Business clients who have not had a recent review
Use the following tools to guide your clients through the life insurance discussion:
- Life insurance as an asset – Adding certain types of life insurance to complement an existing financial portfolio addresses the need for death benefit protection, as well as those seeking tax advantages, efficient wealth transfer, access to cash or an attractive rate of return.
- Individual retirement with life insurance – Life insurance can provide an income solution for individuals who may have maxed out their qualified plan contribution amounts or simply not saved enough.
Value of life insurance
Highlights how life insurance can benefit your clients.
Watch video (1:33)
Term vs. perm life insurance
Helps clients understand the differences between term and permanent insurance — and which is right for them.
Watch video (2:27)
Life insurance for retirement
Shows the benefits of adding a cash-value life insurance policy to a retirement plan.
Watch video (2:46)
Emphasizes the importance of preparing for the unexpected with life insurance.
Watch video (1:00)
Share these videos
Promote them using these social media posts (BB11737).
Life insurance review approach email (LF496)
Use this to let your clients and prospects know about complimentary reviews and solicit one-on-one meetings.
Life insurance myths email campaign
Create your own campaign using any of the following client emails, highlighting the various misconceptions and reasons why life insurance is important. They can be sent in any order:
- You only need it if you have kids (LF613)
- It’s just for “older” people (LF614)
- I have enough through work (LF615)
- It’s too expensive (LF616)
- Buying term insurance is always best (LF617)
Life insurance signature blocks (BB11723)
Use your email signature block to link to life insurance content and tools on principal.com.
- Life insurance review checklist (BB11467) – View (PDF) • Order
- ILIT trustee checklist (BB9730) – View (PDF) • Order
Financial and estate planning documentation workbook (BB6808)
Planning guide for storing vital financial information as well as documenting key personal wishes to preserve one's legacy.
View (PDF) • Order
Life insurance beneficiary guide (BB12065)
A guide to help beneficiaries of Principal life insurance policies with information on prioritizing what to do first, submitting a claim and preparing for the future.
View (PDF) • Order
All guarantees and benefits of the insurance policy are backed by the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company. Policy guarantees and benefits are not backed by the broker/dealer and/or insurance agency selling the policy, nor by any of their affiliates, and none of them makes any representations or guarantees regarding the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company. Insurance products issued by Principal National Life Insurance Co (except in NY) and Principal Life Insurance Co. Plan administrative services offered by Principal Life. Principal National and Principal Life are members of the Principal Financial Group®, Des Moines, IA 50392.