Business Planning Services
The Principal Financial Group® offers complimentary business planning services to help you get in front of business owners. Services include informal business valuations and buy-sell reviews.
- Sample Business Valuation & Planning Report (PDF) (BB11286)
- Sample Buy-Sell Review Summary Report (PDF) (BB9868)
- Informal Business Valuations
- Professional service-related companies such as architects, healthcare systems, law, dental, engineering or accounting firms and technology companies
- Manufacturing and construction companies
- Profitable, growing businesses with gross revenues of $500,000 or more
- Note: Some occupations within these organizations may not be ideal candidates for IDI solutions.
- Buy-Sell Reviews
- Companies with buy-sell agreements that haven’t been reviewed in two years
- Companies with operating agreements or partnership agreements, but no buy-sell agreements
Key materials listed below.
8 Common Pitfalls of a Buy-Sell Agreement (JJ1769)
This flier shows 8 pitfalls to avoid with buy-sell agreements.
Checklist of IDI Financial Priorities (JJ1640C)
Work with the business owner to help identify and rank their disability protection needs as well as gather information about their business.
Comprehensive Disability Planning (JJ1834C)
Use this fact finder to learn more about their business and help guide the conversation. To create a customized electronic file, select “View”. To order the standard version, select “Order”.
Comprehensive Disability Planning Worksheet (JJ1841)
During your conversation the business owner can use this worksheet to capture notes and action items while you review JJ1834C.
Business Planning Services Fact Finder/RFP (BB10847IDIC)
Key materials listed below.
Business Planning Services Program Profile (JJ1837)
This is an overview of the no cost business planning services available for IDI including ideal prospects.
Generate Sales with Informal Business Valuations and Buy-Sell Reviews (BB10350)
This will help you understand the opportunity with business owners and what companies make good prospects. Use this guide to plan your approach and get an informal business valuation and/or buy-sell review started.
Informal Business Valuation Training Guide (BB10534)
Use this guide to become more comfortable with the contents of an Informal Business Valuation Proposal before meeting with your client.
To have an informal business valuation and/or buy-sell review performed, provide the following information to your local representative:
- Request for proposal – A completed request for proposal form (BB10847C).
- Agreements – Copy of the buy-sell agreement, sometimes referred to as a shareholder agreement. For limited liability companies (LLC) and partnerships, buy-sell agreements are often embedded within operating agreements.
- Financials– Financial statements (balance sheet, income statements) or company tax returns from the last three full years.
- Insurance – Detailed list of all life and/or disability insurance policies associated with the agreement.
DI9959 – 11/2018