Important year-end details for individual life and disability insurance
The end of the year is fast approaching! To help get your life and disability business processed in 2017, note these year-end processing dates and watch for new applications that will be available soon.
Coming soon: New applications for most states1
Starting Nov. 11, watch for updated individual life and disability new business, adjustment/reinstatement and TeleApp applications. The new TeleApp will be used for any interviews scheduled to be completed starting November 11th.
Although you can continue to use the old applications until Jan. 11, 2018, it’s important to start using the new applications on eApp and Create an App. If an application is pending after Jan. 11, 2018, you may be required to complete a new application. Learn more through some examples (DI9776) (PDF). If you have additional questions, contact your case coordinator.
Year-end processing dates
To make sure your individual life and/or disability insurance business is processed and paid in 2017, follow these deadlines. We can’t guarantee processing in 2017 after those dates, but we’ll continue to process year-end business through Dec. 29.
- Nov. 11 – New applications available on Create an App and eApp in most states1 (old applications accepted until Jan. 11, 2018)
- Nov. 22 – TeleApp open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (CST)
- Nov. 23 and 24 – Closed for Thanksgiving
- Dec. 15 – Final underwriting and administrative requirements for policy approval and issuance (including premium) needed to be processed in 2017
- Dec. 22 – Final delivery requirements for new business, adjustments and reinstatements needed to be guaranteed for 2017
- Dec. 25 and 26 – Closed for Christmas
- Dec. 28 – Last day variable business can be placed in-force to count for 2017
- Dec. 29 – Last day fixed business can be placed in-force to count for 2017
- Jan. 1 – Closed for New Year’s
- Jan. 11 – Old applications no longer accepted. For applications pending policy issuance after this date, new applications and/or TeleApp may be required to be completed.
Note: Effective dates of underwritten adjustments and reinstatements are determined by each contract and are processed on the monthiversary after underwriting approval. Please call us about your specific request using the phone numbers listed below.
For more information
|Life New Business||800-654-4278, options 3, 2|
|Individual Disability Insurance (IDI)||800-654-4278, options 3, 3|
|Life Administration||800-654-4278, option 4|
|Individual Disability Existing Business||800-654-4278, options 4, 3|
|TeleApp||888-835-3277 (1-888-TELEAPP), option 1, for scheduling or status, or option 2 for advisor/client immediate interview|
1 The new form numbers include a prefix of ICCxx (xx represents the year the form was filed). The following state applications are not changing: CA, CT, DE, DC, FL, MT, NY, ND & SD.
Insurance issued by Principal National Life Insurance Co. (except in NY) and Principal Life Insurance Co. Principal National and Principal Life are members of the Principal Financial Group®, Des Moines, IA 50392.