Important year-end details for annuity business submissions
As year-end approaches, we want to help ensure your 2023 business gets processed. Following are some important dates and reminders to expedite processing and ensure credit for year-end.
- Dec. 29th – You are guaranteed to receive credit for all variable applications which are in good order and with money submitted by this date.
Below are statement days by product:
- Dec. 29th – This is the last day variable annuity business can be put in force to count for the year-end statement period.
Financial requests received and in good order by Dec. 20th are guaranteed to be processed by year end and reflected in 2023 tax records if applicable.
Year-end holiday Contact Center hours of operation
- Wednesday Nov. 22 – 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. CST
- Thursday Nov. 23 – closed for Thanksgiving holiday
- Friday Nov. 24 – 7 a.m. – 12 p.m. CST
- Monday Dec. 25 – closed (Christmas holiday observed)
- Tuesday Dec. 26 – 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. CST
- Monday Jan. 1, 2024 – closed
Exchanges – approximately 20 days
We are currently receiving funds in approximately 20 days when requesting funds from another financial organization. We will do everything we can to secure the funds coming from another carrier in a timely manner but cannot guarantee when those funds will arrive in our home office to count for year-end 2023.
For more information
Contact Annuity Services at 800-852-4450 or our Annuity Sales Team at 866-309-1623.
For financial professional use only. Not for distribution to the public.
Annuity products and services are offered through Principal Life Insurance Company®. Securities offered through Principal Securities, Inc., member SIPC, and/or independent broker/dealers. Referenced companies are members of the Principal Financial Group®, Des Moines, Iowa 50392, principal.com.
Principal®, Principal Financial Group®, and Principal and the logomark design are registered trademarks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a Principal Financial Group company, in the United States and are trademarks and service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., in various countries around the world.
Not FDIC or NCUA insured
May lose value - Not a deposit - No bank or credit union guarantee - Not insured by any federal government agency
Back to News Home