Our free Part B service will help you save time.
- Part B is a phone interview format. An employee of The Principal conducts a client interview in order to gather information for Part B (Part II) of their insurance application.
- The client is guided through insurability questions using a state-of-the-art reflexive system.
- It's free!
- Improved policy issue time. We ask for fewer routine requirements and medical records (for face amounts up to and including $5 million for life insurance). Fewer requirements may lead to faster policy issue.
- Less paperwork and follow up! You can choose whether or not we order the routine requirements for you.
- No more awkward medical questions for you to ask. Reflexive Part B questions for medical, aviation, hazardous sports and travel proactively gather all needed information up front, eliminating costly delays.
- Clients’ medical information is gathered by our professional interviewers, not third-party vendors. And our fast and easy interviews are scheduled at your clients' convenience. You stay in control of the process by receiving a copy of the completed interview.
Great fit with Term insurance
Writing term insurance should be easy and fast, so we’ve made our term underwriting simple and accessible. Use Part B to see how simple it is.
- Unlike many of our competitors, we apply the same underwriting criteria, using the same underwriting manual, for term insurance as we do with our permanent products. Each client is individually underwritten.
- While many competitors exclude Preferred and Super Preferred risk classes from term insurance, we approve qualified Preferred and Super Preferred term cases.
Great with Individual Disability Income Insurance
Part B is the perfect complement when selling individual disability income (IDI) insurance solutions since it helps improve underwriting service time by 25 percent. If you’re selling both life and disability insurance to a client, request a combination Part B interview.
There are five easy steps to using Part B:
Complete Part A (Part 1) of the application, and obtain Part C signatures. Explain the interview process to your client. The Part B Guide provides step-by-step instructions to help prepare your client.
Schedule the interview using one of the scheduling options shown below. Interviews may be conducted from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CST, Monday through Thursday, and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST, Friday.
|Submit the initial application and other required forms (supplemental applications, illustrations, blood consent and Field Office Report) to your New Business coordinator for processing.|
|The TeleApp interviewer calls your client at the scheduled time and completes the insurability questions (Part B/Part II). The interview usually takes 15-20 minutes. A draft copy of the completed interview is sent to you once the application is received in the home office.|
|Deliver the policy to the client. The home office provides two copies of the completed application. Your client reviews the information and signs both copies. One copy is attached to the policy and remains with the client. Return the entire packet, along with the signed application (Part D), to the home office.|
Scheduling the interview
You can choose to have your client complete an immediate interview or you can schedule a future date and time when it is most convenient for your client using the following options:
- To immediately complete the interview, call 888-TeleApp (888-835-3277), option 0
- To schedule an interview, call 888-TeleApp (888-835-3277), option 1
- Submit a request using the online form
When scheduling an interview, please provide the following information:
- Producer's name and telephone number
- Client's name, Social Security number and date of birth
- Products and total amounts applied for
- Signature state (the signing state)
- Client's telephone number and time to call
Client Brochure (BB10268)
Provides details about TeleApp and includes space to write the scheduled appointment time.
TeleApp Guide (BB10479)
Get a quick overview as well as questions and answers about the TeleApp process.
Sample Interview Questions
Listen to sample interview questions. (5:17)
- Contact your home office case manager or call 800-654-4278.