Retirement Plans (NQDC): Get Started
The critical component to getting started with a nonqualified deferred compensation (NQDC) plan is to work with your Regional Vice President – Nonqualified Plans. Your RVP will assist you through each step of the plan proposal and implementation process.
As part of the efforts of The Principal to align sales and support efforts in the not-for-profit market, Retirement and Investor Services (RIS) Distribution is responsible for all 457 plan sales and pricing. Please contact the RIS Producer Support Team at 800-952-3343, option 2 for more information on these plans.
View your existing plan information on the NQDC Dashboard.
- Request a plan proposal. The formal proposal will include plan benefits and considerations, details about our services and administrative capabilities as well as a financial model. Excess and NQ defined benefit plan proposals are requested through your local Regional Vice President – Nonqualified Plans. 457 plan proposals are requested through the RIS Advisor Support Team.
- Understand our life insurance underwriting programs and guidelines*. Our Multi-Life Business Underwriting Program includes guaranteed issue and simplified issue (GI/SI) options.
- GI/SI Underwriting Inquiry (DD9072)
- Review transition timeline. Outlines estimated timing for key milestones in the implementation process.
- Review Sample Engagement Agreement and Plan Services Summary. Identifies both core and optional services available for plan sponsors and participants.
- Review performance information for financing options.
- Use our enrollment tools for plan sponsors and participants once the plan is ready to implement.
*Not applicable to 457 plans